Enter IDA Awards Competition Online Now!
Enter IDA Awards Competition online now! The IDA Awards Competition is the foremost genre-specific event dedicated to the documentary film. The Distinguished Feature Award winner will be announced at the IDA Awards Gala in Los Angeles on December 5, 2008. The winners of the all other categories will be announced in advance. All winners will be screened on December 6th, 2008 at IDA's Annual DocuFest™. IDA has FOUR Distinguished Award categories as follows: I. FEATURE II. SHORT III. LIMITED SERIES IV. CONTINUING SERIES IDA has three Additional Special Recognition Award categories as well. To qualify for these awards, the film must be entered into one of the above main categories. Please carefully review the information below, as some Additional Special Recognition Awards are only open to certain types of main category films. Additional Special Recognition Awards Documentaries entered in any of the four main Distinguished Award categories may also be considered for Additional Recognition Awards V (IDA/ABCNEWS VIDEOSOURCE) and VI (IDA/PARE LORENTZ.) V. IDA/ABCNEWS VIDEOSOURCE AWARD VI. IDA/PARE LORENTZ AWARD VII. IDA/ALAN ETT MUSIC DOCUMENTARY AWARD** Documentaries MUST enter either as “Feature” or “Short” Student Documentary Award VIII. DAVID L WOLPER STUDENT DOCUMENTARY ACHIEVEMENT AWARD Films submitted in the David L. Wolper Student Documentary category are NOT eligible for Additional Recognition Award VII (IDA/ALAN ETT MUSIC DOCUMENTARY.) To begin the entry process, click the Withoutabox link below. Once there, select one of the five main categories to begin. You will be able to select one or more of the Additional Special Recognition Awards at the end of the entry process.
IDA strongly suggests that you use Withoutabox to submit your film online for these reasons:
1. Filmmakers receive a discount on the fee to enter.
2. Online submissions cut down on the amount of paper used.
3. Once you’ve entered your film information, it is stored inside the Withoutabox database and you can submit to competitions, showcases and festivals that IDA runs, as well as many others, with a couple of clicks, quite easily. The data entry process is a one-time thing, and can easily be updated.
4. Finding out that we received your submission happens faster in the digital world.
5. Withoutabox has many tools that you as a filmmaker can use to promote and publicize your film and screenings.
Withoutabox is optimized for Firefox and Internet Explorer.
For best results, we strongly suggest using Firefox.
Paper entry forms for IDA Awards Competition can be downloaded here.