How to Vote
Purchase, renew or confirm your IDA Membership
- PURCHASE: For those new to IDA, head to documentary.org/membership to purchase your annual membership at any level. Active private lobbying or mass sign-ups from one company designed to skew the voting process is not permitted.
- RENEW: To renew your membership, please click here for instructions.
- CONFIRM: If you have an active IDA membership, ensure you have set up your new MyIDA login and confirmed that your membership details are up to date. Please click here for more details.
Your MyIDA Login
Once you have confirmed your active membership on MyIDA, you’ll need the login credentials to participate. We recommend saving it in a secure digital Password Manager.
If you have any issues, please email email@example.com to reach Anisa Hosseinnezhad, IDA Membership Manager.
Member Voting Portal
The voting portal is Eventive, the same virtual cinema provider as our Screening Series.
Please note that you must use your MyIDA login to access the IDA Documentary Awards Member Voting screening rooms. Even if you are using the same email on a separate Eventive account, it will not grant you access. If you are already logged into Eventive with another account, you must log out first and re-login with your MyIDA credentials.
Streaming the Nominees
- Most films include closed captioning.
- To watch the nominated films, log into watch.documentary.org/awards-features with your MyIDA credential
- The “Login” link is located in the upper right corner. Please note that if you are already logged into Eventive with another account, you must log out first.
- On the pop-up, click “Login with MyIDA account”
- Input your login name (username or email) and password
- Click “Log In” If your membership is active, you’ll be automatically redirected back to Eventive streaming page
- Click on the film poster of your desired screening
- Click the "Pre-order now for free" button
- Select “Pre-order with "your name" ($0)...”
In addition to watching the films on your computer or mobile devices, you can cast to AirPlay or Chromecast. To watch via Apple TV, Firestick, or Roku please see Eventive’s help page for detailed instructions. Eventive is not available on Samsung TV, Google TV, etc. Note that you must unlock the films first for them to appear on the Eventive app. If you have any additional questions not covered by this guide or want to launch live support please visit https://watch.eventive.org/help.
Submitting Your Ballot
After you’ve watched all of the nominated films, you will submit one virtual ballot per awards category starting November 21 until December 5, 2023, at 11:59 PM PT.
- On the screening page of the last documentary you’ve competed in a category, click the first banner on the right-hand side: “watched all the short/feature nominees? Vote for your top 3 here!”
- Rank your top three favorite films in order from #1, #2 and #3. The first click is rank #1, the second click is rank #2, and the third click is rank #3.
- To undo a selection, simply click the film again.
- Click the submit button at the bottom to confirm your votes.
Please remember that all votes are final, and you can only submit your ballot once. A first-choice vote allots 1 point to the film selected, the second choice gets 1/2 point, and the third choice gets 1/3 point. The film receiving the highest number of points wins the category.
I have seen several of these films online or at screenings. Do I need to watch them again?
The films available in this screening room are the versions that the filmmakers provided for the IDA Documentary Awards. Changes are sometimes made to films after early screenings. As an eligible member voter, you have agreed to view the nominated films. It is up to each individual member to determine if they have already viewed the film and, if so, whether the film needs to be reviewed again due to possible changes or the amount of time that has passed since last viewing the film.
Do I have to vote in both categories?
No, participation in both Best Feature and Best Short categories is not required. You can choose to vote in just one category.